The Baie de Bourgneuf basin board has two main objectives as part of its activities:
- Preservation of natural heritage: The Baie de Bourgneuf basin board develops activities in the Natura 2000 site of “Brittany’s Marshlands, Baie de Bourgneuf, île de Noirmoutier and forêt de Monts”. Agreements have also been put in place to contribute to the objective of preserving the natural heritage: Natura 2000, Agri-environment-water measures (AECM), traditional Nature LIFE SALLINA project as associated beneficiary etc.
- Integrated water management of the Baie de Bourgneuf river basin. In this respect it leads and implements the following actions:
- since 2004 it has implemented and managed the Local River Basin Management Plan of the Brittany’s Marshlands and the Baie de Bourgneuf river basin, under the aegis of the local water commission.
- since 2007 it has managed and implemented contractual tools for implementing this local RBMP, including the LB water agency territorial contracts and River Basin Territorial Contracts of the Regional Council of the Pays de la Loire.
- since 1995 it has monitored the quality of the river basin’s surface water.
With regard to its experience and knowledge of local stakeholders, the Baie de Bourgneuf basin board has implemented action under the LIFE REVERS’EAU project for the acquisition of knowledge linking the issues of a coastal body of water with the areas situated upstream of the river basin (action C3).
Discover the action led by the Baie de Bourgneuf basin board